View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #25
Bugz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
You are very lucky if you live in a place where you can tour on a small bike. If it were like that here, I would still have my '06 Kawasaki Eliminator 125, by far the most comfortable small bike I have ever owned, much more so than the cramped Rebel 250. I have an XT225, but it is set up more for off road riding. (in AZ, USA, riding anywhere but private property or a state OHV park requires a street legal bike) I am seriously considering trading my Zuma 125 for a DR200 or a TW200. I don't want to ride on freeways, but sometimes you have no choice. I have much larger bikes, and have ridden all over the country on freeways, and have gotten bored with it. I now want to slow down and explore the back roads, but they are often connected by sections of freeway, called "restricted access" roadways, because you have to have a certain size vehicle to drive on them. And a 200cc dual sport would also have some off road and dirt road capability, so I could explore a few trails along the way, and get back off the road to camp.
If backroads means pavement you might want to look at the 2011+ CBR250R of CFR250L. Brilliant bikes IMO, or if you want to spend less money a ninja 250.
Bugz is offline   Reply With Quote