View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
TheRoss OP
IBA, BMWMOA

Oddometer: 303
I took I-12 to bypass New Orleans, and was in Florida by mid-afternoon. I know as ride reports go, my Iron Butt’s are not the greatest reads, and the pictures are all from the super slab. It is what it is. The Coast to Coast is not difficult, but it is long and does require you to keep the wheels turning. So here’s Florida:

I had planned a gas stop in Tallahassee, but ended up skipping it as I was nowhere close to being empty. I rode into Jacksonville just after dark, and started down the 15 mile stretch of Beach Blvd to the water. It was then that my bike’s mileage range hit 0. As many of you may know, those computerized projections are not to be believed. But I was also aware that I had lots of time and that I was not in a really great neighborhood. A police car screamed by me lights and siren on, and I pulled into a station and pumped about a gallon of gas, just to make sure I made it.

I got to the beach 42 hours after leaving San Diego, beating my 2009 ride time by 3 hours. Holiday Inn Express and dinner at Carrabba’s and I went right to sleep. Got a picture the next morning:

TheRoss screwed with this post 02-04-2013 at 06:05 PM
TheRoss is offline   Reply With Quote