View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
TheRoss OP
IBA, BMWMOA

Oddometer: 307
I was still on the clock for a SaddleSore 4000, but Saturday would be a shorter day. I planned to visit the Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds, AL. I headed north to Atlanta and got on I-20. I made the museum by 2:30 and had a couple of hours to see the bikes. It is an amazing collection, and I plan to visit it again when I have more time.

They had on display Gary Eagan's record setting Ducati. Gary is a bit of a superstar in the long distance world and it was cool seeing his bike.

The museum closed at 5:00 and I continued west to Meridian, MS for the night.

The next morning I made another Waffle House stop. These restaurants seem to be everywhere in the southeast and they are a fast stop for those on a schedule.

I rode through Dallas without trouble and continued on home. If I stopped at home I would be a little short on mileage for the 4000 mile ride, so I went right through Lubbock and up to Amarillo, where I turned around and made one more short leg home. I got home about 8:00 and my wife had dinner ready.

It was a great 5 days in the saddle. Clothing and gear options worked well for temperatures that ranged from low 20’s all the way up to 70 degrees. Other than the speedometer weirdness, the GSA ran flawlessly. The new-to-me Sargent seat was a huge improvement over the stock seat. So that’s about it. Not the best RR ever, but if you made it this far, thanks for reading.

2012 R1200GSA, 1985 K100RS, 1975 R90/6

TheRoss screwed with this post 02-04-2013 at 06:11 PM
TheRoss is offline   Reply With Quote