View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderTheX View Post
Ha! If I had a dime for every time my dealer has said "they all do that" I could buy a candy bar.

I guess I will have to check the coolant system... apparently I need to remove the right side fairing to even access the cap

From reading that thread you quoted and the other comments on this thread it seems like this is coolant and the seals on the water side of the pump need to be replaced... Obviously my bike is conveniently out of warranty so I will try to find the seals and do it myself.

Has anyone has luck ordering just the o-rings for the water pump? Can someone recommend a source for the fancy required nitrite free coolant?
I've got the F658GS and was able to remove the cap without removing the fairing, with some dexterity and a few cuss words ...... It might be harder on the F800GS with slightly larger radiator...

I called up Prestone and asked, and they told me (FWIW) that all of their antifreeze was nitrite free,
so that's what I used....

I did not get to see my pump when it was taken apart, but the mechanic remarked that he thought new o-rings would have fixed it, but since they had the pump, and so-on they went ahead and used it...

that's about all I got ...

JRWooden screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 11:59 AM
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote