View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #11
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
hey max
41mm forks makes it much easier, just slide them in and you've still got your steering lock. but apparently it's not too hard to adapt most dirt bike forks (see the sv650 adv info page here) and you can put upside down forks in which have less flex and much better damping etc than old forks like mine.

they will pretty much always have the axle in front of the fork so it will handle more like a dirt bike than a road bike e.g. less likely to tip into corners which makes for good stability on dirt roads.
the bashplate is holding very firmly after its first adv ride, could here stones pinging off it every now and then so good to know it's doing its job!

from memory, i think the s model has the footpegs mounted higher and a bit further to the rear than the naked SV? if true, could be worth seeing if the footpeg setups are interchangeable as it definitely helps to have your pegs as forward as poss...

s pegs
buell
If I do a fork swap, I'll likely stick with a drop-in 41mm. What did you do about the speedo sensor on your fork swap? Did that also fit right in the new forks?

As far as I know, that is the difference between S and N in the first gen and the '03 only year of the second gen. From '04 and up there is no difference between S and N as far as footpeg position is concerned. I think the actual footpegs (not the mounting brackets) are the same for all SVs, regardless of year or generation). I'm not 100% sure on this though, but this is what I gathered from doing searches at svrider.

At 6'0" I'm kinda tall, but not to the point that the footpeg position now is killing me. I'm hoping that dropping it down an inch will be about perfect.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote