View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #14
AL "FLYING CANUCK" OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by shojac View Post
Thanks for the write-up and great photos. I made almost the same route in Aug of this year, although I think we had a little worse weather. My wife and I (two-up) went north from Blanc-Sablon to HV/GB, but turned around because of some info from some other people about the road going to Lab. City.
You metioned the road From Port Hope Simpson to Red Bay the worst part was around Marys Harbor, really deep and loose.
We also caught the Appollo ferry. It was amazing to watch it turn around and back in to the dock, I would have run over everything trying to do that.
Hi!

You are right about the impressive Apollo Ferry tight 180 degrees turn and Mary's Harbor road conditions....

The 530 km (330 miles) from Labrador City to Goose Bay is approximately 50% paved and is not too bad however it can be tricky and muddy if it rains especially with all the big trucks working in paving the road and when dry the dust can be dangerous as you don't see much when meeting, passing or following them....you did one of the best part of Labrador and in both directions which made you surely see more stuff and differently for the same area......

Thanks much and all the best for 2013!!!

"30 YEARS OF RIDING IN A FEW MINUTES"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYNkbdDF7mE

AL "FLYING CANUCK" screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 04:27 AM
AL "FLYING CANUCK" is offline   Reply With Quote