View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #59
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
I think these two factors sum it up pretty well. There simply isn't enough market share for every model of adventure bike. As the cruiser group ages, and the price of fuel rises, people may become interested in other types of transportation. That will undoubtedly lead to more awareness of the adventure segment. We are seeing it now with all of the BMW, KTM, and Triumph offerings. There are some other offerings as well, but they seem to be mostly testing the waters.

I used to be (and maybe still am) a Honda nut. I am into reliability, and don't care about refinement. I got tired of waiting for them to produce a middleweight adventure bike, so I went elsewhere.

I'm in the process of adventurizing my Aprilia Dorsoduro 750. It doesn't have very much suspension travel, but it suits me fine. I'm almost done assembling the luggage kit, I've added an aluminum skid plate Ram1000 made, and changed the gearing.

Of coarse, Honda now comes out with the NC700. That's OK, because I don't think it would have suited me as well as the Aprilia anyway, and I still have my old XL600 for the tough trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
"I purchased a Glee (2012 DL650) because it offered the most of what I was looking for. If one of the three bikes mentioned in the middle class would have been available, that would have been my play. "

So you bought a bike that offered most everything, and you still whine about no selection.......Hell man ain't that what the aftermarket industry is for?
Nah. That makes too much damn sense for this thread.