View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #57
ultane
sqeezin the bag

Oddometer: 1,055
I never considered a Subi due to the head gasket issue until the 2010 models became available.

I bought both my daughters 2010 Outbacks. Both have over 65,000 miles on them. One daughter had to have the tires rebalanced and a four wheel alignment. Both get over 30 MPG on the highway with the 2.5L/CVT combo. One of my daughters thinks she is Danika Patrick, so her city MPG kinda sucks at 24 MPG.

I bought a 2012 Outback 3.6 Limited. It's a traction monster, pulls my 18 ft Hewes Craft better than my 05 Avalanche ever could. When not pulling my boat, it is a little hot rod, 0-60 in 7.6(?) seconds, and burns regular gas. I'm glad I did NOT by a new 5 series BMW X drive. My 3.6L Subi rides better than all three 5 series that I test drove.

The above mentioned allwheeldrive website hits the nail on the head concerning the infamous head gasket issue. It is real, and I hope it's not a problem for my daughters 2010 outbacks.

I might be wrong... Just ask my X...

If a man speaks, and there is no woman present to hear him,... Is he still wrong?

Sent from my party line rotary dial iPhone using Tapatalk

If a man speaks, and there is no woman present to hear him,..
Is he still wrong?
ultane is online now   Reply With Quote