View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 02:27 AM   #17
Ranger Rob OP
Out and about...

Oddometer: 352
St Kilda Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungen View Post
Fantastic RR. The St Kilda pub must have had a makeover since I stayed there. Great meal but the room had used tissues beside the bed and paint flakes and newspapers everywhere. At $30 I thought it was overpriced!! All part of the fun though.
Thanks.

I don't want to mislead as far as the accommodation goes!!

The St Kilda's rooms were pretty ordinary to say the least. The attraction was the secure bike storage.
I had the "best" room, and even it wasn't too flash. It looks like each room is furnished from roadside clean-ups
You certainly wouldn't want to take your Mrs or significant other to ANY of the rooms that we accepted. I think they are strictly for smelly bikers

Everything you say is correct, no doubt about it. In general most of the rooms we stayed in were in fact crap!
I'm in the building industry, so it drives me nuts to see places either so run-down, or so poorly slapped together

$30 - $35 seemed to be a great rate for rooms at pubs, with some doing the old $50 and up trick

We normally camp on trips so this was quite different as far as sleeping arrangements went.

Thanks for reading.

Rob