View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #25
Bobmws
Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer: 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSA GIRL View Post
I just received my Lee-sure Lite trailer today. It took a couple of hours to unpack it and set it up. Top Quality Product with great sales service. I bought everything but The Factory. I have to finish installing my DMC Hitch on my 2010 GSA and wire up the lights. I've never pulled a trailer with a bike before. I do have a commercial Class A License and 2 years OTR. I don't drive Big Rigs anymore but I sure do miss it. I hope this will help to fill that need. I bought both the Screen Room and the Deluxe Add A Room. I'm looking forward to some great camping this summer.
Congrats & enjoy it!
With OTR experience you'll adapt fine. Allow more room for braking. Slow early for corners, but you can power through them once set up. Braking in a turn pushes your rear wheel to the outside, you will learn that your bike will lean further than you thought!
One of the first things I noticed when I first pulled a trailer was the bike suspension worked a lot better with the gear in the trailer as opposed to (over)loading the bags and rack.
Practice loading your gear to achieve the correct balance. If you have a cooler, stay aware of the weight difference when food & ice is added.
Have fun, it's nice to sleep off the ground.
www.earplugco.com
Bobmws is offline   Reply With Quote