View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #113
Dabears
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoulli View Post
Wow, didn't expect that from the scooter crowd. That is of course an option and I have thought about it. I have talked to my local Honda dealer and they have no plans to put the DCT model on the floor, they will order one if the customer pays up front. I don't really like that dealership and their service dept. On the other hand I have a great relationship with my local BMW, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, Piaggio dealership. I test rode the C650GT and really liked it and if I was to go the sell the Tiger rout I would consider the BMW but I've read some over at the BMWMOA forum and those owners are talking 45 mpg. Hell my Triumph gets that with 94 hp and a five gallon tank. My darn T800 is farkled up the wazoo, I'd take a hell of a beating if I sold it and I really like it anyway. The dealer I like has an open house on Saturday, may try to wrangle a test ride on a Beverly.

I know there are not a lot of owners yet in this thread, but I still would like to know if the big BV can comfortably manage 200 plus miles on a tank. I'm thinking 70 mpg, 3.4 gallon tank, the numbers are there on paper, not sure about the real world.
Pop over to www.Modernvespa.com. There are lots of BV350 owners, and quite a few threads about these. You should be able to get any question you want answered just by searching.

Here's one just on fuel range- hope this helps. Scanning the thread it doesn't appear anybody is getting 200 miles from a tank. That's a pretty good range for any motorcycle. About where I fill my R1200gs up...

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic104586?highlight=

2006 R1200GS
1980 Vespa P200E
Dabears is online now   Reply With Quote