View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #111
chambersc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
Big decision here

So I'm considering doing something I thought I would never do, but I'm thinking about bailing on this project and letting it find a new home. I'm getting married, selling my house, moving into hers, having to do some repairs to my house in the process to get it ready to sell, paying for a wedding, and I will have nowhere for three bikes to go at the new house. Certainly no room for one in pieces to work on it. I'm keeping the Road King and the dirt bike but I'm seriously thinking about letting the Interceptor project go to to a new home.

I dont even want to discuss the money that's been spent thus far and the photos are all here to show it. I have rebuild kits for all of the brakes, clutch master cylinder and slave, etc to go with it. Brand new tires, new wheel bearings, sprockets, etc. (No chain yet)

Body work is all in the attic, along with the radiators, fuel tank, dash, seat, etc. I think pretty much everything is there to finish putting it together, with exception of a few little odds and ends. The major expenses are all done. Low mileage motor installed, carbs rebuilt and stage one jetted, K&N air filter, frame sandblasted and powdercoated, upgraded F2 rear shock, upgraded front fork springs and freshly rebuilt forks, F2 wheels with the adapters from Daughtery Motorsports, etc. (I have the factory wheels too that will go along with it.)

I'm going to regret this someday, but someone who has time and a place to do it needs to finish this beast. Half VF Interceptor and half F2. Should be a damn fun bike to ride.

$1,000 cash takes the whole shooting match home with them. I will probably do a posting in classifieds this weekend. While I sob and drink heavy.