Thread: BiLT Gear?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #11
Eladbern
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Talking

I have the perforated summer boots and love them. Also have the freeze out one piece body suit and with it under my alpine stars perforated jacket with the liner installed I'm toasty down to 40 degrees. That said I have a friend that has bought a set of boots like mine and had to return them for another pair cause they were falling apart after 2 rides. And has also had to return pants for the same reason. I think the trick with Built is they are a new company and gaining experience in how to build things.that will get better as time goes by. Also I think they save money by having relatively low quality control so they can sell the gear at a lower price but they at least back it up with the 5 year warranty and their customer service is very good in Nashville my friend never had a problem making a return. You can get reasonable gear at bargain basement prices but you have to understand that in a way you are working quality control. Bottom line is take a chance if you want its relatively risk free, if your new item sucks take it back for the refund if nothing else its an excuse for a ride to the cycle shop so you can look around and and visit with the staff.
Eladbern is online now   Reply With Quote