View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,007
Glad to hear someone else likes cruisers. They are not real popular on this forum. I have also owned a lot of them. I currently also own a Goldwing. I have some medical issues that have me thinking of selling the Goldwing (1995 1500) It's fine out on the road, but I'm afraid I'm going to drop it in a parking lot someday. My intention was to replace it with a maxi scooter. I test rode all the Japanese models, and decided the Silverwing was the best fit. It has cutouts in the floorboards that allow you to put your feet straight down beside the scooter instead of dangling over the edges of the floorboards. For me the worst one was the Burgman 650, it felt just as heavy and awkward as the Goldwing in parking lots, and it was even harder to get my feet on the ground. I have a 750 cruiser I ride a lot now, and can still handle it fine, but I still want to get a Silverwing at some point. Right now I just can't justify spending the money. I looked at a couple of high mileage used ones, but since I would want to use it for long trips, I had doubts about their reliability. Enjoy your Burgman and ride safe.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote