View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #41
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoklahoma View Post
I would bet good money, that this is the condenser or coil from the symptoms OP has described.
I would buy new points at the same time as the condenser and coil, but not install them yet. OP's skill level is limited, so why add timing to the learning curve until it is needed.

BUT I would try blocking the hole in the carb first, if that is known to be a fix on this model bike.

Limit the repairs to one system at a time, until you find the cause. There is plenty of time to learn the rest of the systems.

Because that would mean pulling off the flywheel a second time. You are already doing the operation to get to the ignition....why do it twice? He needs to know how to set up and check points also. No better time to learn than now IMO.And that could also be part of his problem....Timing could be off a long ways.It is clear that no one has been inside that flywheel for years. I really agree with you on that carb hole blocking though. Try some silicone in it to see if that helps at least. That way you could dig it back out if it screws something up.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote