Thread: Femur Non Union
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #18
gman350
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatling View Post
Anybody in here have any experience with femur non unions? I crashed a little over 3 years ago and broke my femur in two places. They put on a plate. Top fracture healed; bottom one did not. After about a year the plate broke. I had a second surgery in which they removed the plate and used a rod. You can guess where this story is going. It, too, recently broke. I go back to the doc tomorrow to find out what the game plan is for Round 3. Just wondering if anyone here has also gone through this and what you found. Thanks in advance.
Fire your doctor.

I've broken my left leg 2 different times & both times the doctor I was originally seeing was not worth a damn.

ER docs don't seem to be worth much either, they just want to patch you up enough to get rid of you, not fix you where you can walk again.

Go find a good sports ortho that is used to fixing athletes that want to get well & return to sports.

Wow, can't imagine how you broke the rod. The rod I have from the first break held up just fine for the 2nd break, pretty violent mc wreck, broke below the rod.

gman350 screwed with this post 01-26-2013 at 11:34 AM
gman350 is offline   Reply With Quote