View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
bob393
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
I'm a year round commuter also and so far this year the coldest has been 1.5 deg F.
I use warm and safe products, all four, gloves jacket, pants, and socks with a two channel wireless remote. On long trips I put that under my stitch two piece suite with a silk belaclave, yeah what are the chances of that being spelled right, under my Nolan helmet with the double face shield, micro pin I think, and except for my glasses fogging up occasionally it works. Plus you can clear your glasses by lifting up on the shield for a moment. I find the belaclave a must because a wind leak on my neck is unacceptable! On the short trips I don't use the full suite. I have Darian jacket with a polar fleece liner and that works but you have to time the trip. Much over a few files and you will get cold. If I'm wearing the socks I use a pair of Icon boots but with out the socks I use heavily insulate winter Wolverine work boots with wool socks and again it seems fine for short to medium trips. I do plug the bike into a battery tender and use 5w-30 synthetic oil and she starts OK, at least she never let me down.