View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #10
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 2,054
Good video, I've been saying that for a long time. I'm 53 and most of the people I socialize (infrequently) with wouldn't be able to change a car tire on the side of the road. I don't have any kids of my own, but my friends kids have no interest in how things work, and have no interest in hard work at all. The parents buy their kids too much shit. I've been approached a couple times to put someone's kid to work. Or spend some time with me in the shop. Building fence during a Florida summer, right... They'd rather get a job bagging groceries, air conditioning and easy work trumps sweating any day. The couple that I've had over didn't have enough of an attention span to do anything, plus they're on their phone constantly. They don't care how you fix shit, they have enough money to just go buy another one.

P_R, I doubt there is anything in your HO covenants about working in your garage, maybe if you were running a business out of your garage, but working on your own stuff, get real. I lived a deed-restricted community, once. Now I'm on 5 acres, trailers parked here and there, if I want to leave a Chevy small block hanging from a tree limb, or pop off a couple .223's, nobody's gonna care.

Keep wrenchin
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote