View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #124
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,697
Dug Bar..... WoooHooooo!!!

Another day passes and Al and I decide to ride on down to Dug Bar... temps are in the upper 30's sooo Fey's not feeling it and stays at the Cabin as Brian and Margret could use her PC expertise anyhow!!! Also her tires were both all but SHOT!!!
We head on down toward Imnaha planning to using the Wallowa Mtn rd to Forest rd 39 and up Lower Imnaha rd. It's about 38deg and with the 60mph speed Mick is suffering from the windchill! Sooo at the Wallowa rd cut off we pull over to addess/dress the situation.

I had the idea to try and fit my rain jacket to him as a windbreaker, using some straps from Al and my spares kit to take up the slack.

He walks stiff for a few minutes then Al takes him down the road for a break in...

Well looks like it may work... and Mick is bored soooo let's head to the Imnaha Store.

There we meet a most interesting Character in Jacob Adams....

He has just gotten back to Civilization after 36 days living COMPLETELY off the LAND! He was going for 40.... but a stranded motorist (Mike Alguier) near a firetower needing help changed his plans ever sooo slightly. He had originally set out with a few hard core friends buuut they were not completely free of civil easiness sooo he had to part ways and go it alone. He made a bow, shaped spear and arrowheads (one of which he kindly gifted to me) had planned to build arrows.... but found an abundance of broken shafts from hunters, so just added his arrowheads. Bugs, ground squirels, roots you name it.... he survived. An old Native woman had taught him about all she knew thus preparing him for this most challenging endeavor, in Hells Canyon no less. If you reeeaaalllly think about it.... your not as prepared to do this as you might think!

A blessing in meeting him I must say.... he lives in an old cabin and has given me his email (his only modern contact) I have yet to contact him.... need to sit down and discuss this reality with him before to many moons cycle bye...

After this special event we head for the Bar.... we've been told it's a 2-1/2hr trip..... hmmmm really, I believe we can do a bit bettta than that!

Here's a vid...

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 01-26-2013 at 05:49 PM
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote