View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #15614
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TABASCO~ View Post
Like Snake said... There where parts they thought they could pull of the shelf and it basically happened that after they tore down the forks nothing would work.. The tubes are longer, different machining in the cartridge tubes, different top caps, Etc.. Etc.... So its taken a bit longer that what we all thought.. They do fantastic work so im not really worried about that, I just want to ride the darn bike again... LOL On the plus side, there are basically no off the shelf parts, they are all 'custom' made for the Tenere...

The DLC and hard coat on top is a bit over kill for this application. I think about it this way, this new Ohlins cartridge has a lot to offer in adjust ability. Much more than stock could ever hope for. A lot of this adjust ability is fine tuning. Im not ever planing on getting rid of this bike, so for the long term performance I chose the DLC. At the speeds I travel off road and high way, I want to take full advantage of every bit of the sophistication the Ohlins has to offer. Its definitely a proven mod on forks with super cross and road racing. Im really excited to be working with Ohlins and testing and riding these new forks... Full report very soon.. And the rear to match the front
Jaxon,

In what way will the cartridge be more adjustable than the stock forks? Will there be external high speed adjustments?

I completely agree with your logic on the coatings. Might as well at this point.

Will the Ohlins cartridge be based on the TTX with Nitrogen?

ac

avc8130 screwed with this post 01-26-2013 at 04:36 PM
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote