View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #125
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,649
Ooooooh Yeeeea.........

With that we head for the fun.... Alex and I are both curious about how I'll be able to rip in the dirt with Mick?!?
We will set the mood with music from a new friend of mine JJ Kent...

Gonna be a lotta pics sooo hold on.

The day is... as is usual round here.... EXQUISITE, made more so by the surrounding showers... keeping everything in balance.

A bachelor party of three Bucks crosses....

Turns out Mick can reeeallly stick and we RIP in the dirt.... just ask Alex!
These next dozen pics are with me turning in a circle to give you a feel of what we felt....

After the pics and getting the bikes ready to head back out... I notice Jumping cactus EVERYWHERE.... WOW! Mick has been romping all around for 20 minutes and not a SINGLE sticker! Gifted dog!!!!!

The famous Janis....

Looking down on the Snake....

A the bottom we all take a break, eat some snacks, chill and partake...

Then suit up for the return...

It has rained since we dropped in...
Along here Mick decides to ride standing up.. were doing a good 35mph and I sense a bail coming up soooo I hit the brakes and sure enough he bails. Almost stopped so no damage, he again decides to lock in tight and were back to ripping. I hope AL has some pics of Mick hanging on...

As the rains approach Al rides down on the powerlines for a better view... we stay dry the whole ride!

Just BEAUTIFUL.....

Just before this pic I pass ol' Parepin at about 45mph around a right hander... then a cattle guard... then left hander...loose rock and kinda sharp... all riding one handed.
Mick and I go down for the first time, I think we both either land on our feet... OR after the first bounce get to our feet?!? Can't remember haha anyhow no injuries just a scuffed handguard. Al say's it looked kinda funny.... Mick is looking at me kinda funny too, with his head kinda cocked back on one shoulder and turned, as if to say "you suuure you got this buddy?" LOL

Back to the store for some warm soup with Heather, then on to camp...

What an AWESOME ride... oh and our time from the River back to the store.... 1hr-15minutes! WooooHoooo roughly half what we were told it takes... and this riding mostly one handed with Mick under my arm hahahahahaha I love riding with Alex as we almost always haul ass!

Fueling up back in Joseph Mick thinks back on the day and ponders his ride to Dug Bar...

As Fey had been in need of fresh tires, I go right past camp and onto Lewiston to see what I can find. This will get Mick back to his Pop Wayne and get me ready for my next leg...
It closes in on the freezing mark so I pull over and put some extra layers on him... including my favorite TieDye.

We get to rail the Twisties of the Rattlesnake one last time then head off into the sunset....
It's been quite an adventure for Mick and I... 450 miles together in 3 days with a bit of dirt to boot, One of the most memorable rides I've ever had!

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 01-26-2013 at 05:46 PM
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote