Thread: Guitar thread
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #1345
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck289 View Post
I dont know if i'm just imagining things, but it seems like the newer MIM strats & teles have thinner/weaker paint than my 2001 MIM tele.
I don't doubt it. I haven't shopped for guitars in 4 or 5 years. I was shocked to see Sam Ash asking $450 for a MIM Strat! They used to be $299!!! But like I said, used ones on Craigslist, are being advertised for $350-400! MIJ Strats are going for 600-800! Some guy had one recently for $275, and sold it in minutes, I know because I emailed him and told him I wanted it...but it was LONG gone!

You could buy a US made strat for $700 a few years back and now they are $1100! Luckily, those can be had used for $550 if you're patient!

I've never wanted a MIM strat, but figured if I found a cool one for the right price, I'd consider it. Cheapest one I've seen is $219, and it's a "fat" one with a humbucker...and a neck that looks like a banana!

I just can't believe Fender went up 50% or more n their prices...and the used ones are appreciating!

I now regret selling my G&L...I bought it brand new for $600...and it was very well made, nice guitar.