View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #118
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,909
Vespa Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by damasovi View Post
I have always been a pro choice motorcyclist ! here in Mexico we don't have anything (scooters) above 125 cc not anymore since Suzuki drop the Burg 400 and HOnda the silverwing many years ago.

So I am looking at importing one of these Vespa 300, Kymco GT300 or this BV350. I would like the Burgman 400 but it is over my price. Since I have only had HOndas and a Kawasaki I wonder about the cost of ownership about the Piaggios and Vespas, since I will use it pretty much as my commuter and every other week ride (for solo rides). My bikes have need it nothing (only consumables) and I wonder if these are labor intensive (valves every 2000 milles) or something like that.

Since this will not be my only bike/scooter I will not be in trouble for parts to come in (if that was a problem, like some of you have mention with Piagio).

Latter I will go to the dealer that is willing to give me a test drive and funny he is a piaggio/vespa/kymko dealer so maybe all 3 in the same day.

Thanks for the info

Damasovi
Vespa Motorsports in San Diego can help you out as well, and have more parts IN-Stock than just about anyone else, if you can't source locally. They ship worldwide.

www.scooterwest.com