View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #1039
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
You may not, but that dude looks ... smaller like a typical french guy. I just spent some time trying to figure out who that presenter is in order to find his weight. Merely posting some dude riding a bike and saying you won't ride it any harder makes about as much sense as the fat guys in weapon forums who tell anyone and everyone that X big and heavy pistol is easy to carry and conceal.
That's the thing, I'm 5' 8" and weigh in at 165 on a good day. This bike has me excited. A number of other reviews have featured reviewers that appeared to be taller/larger than me judging by the photos and they to seemed to be satisfied by the suspension. I've got no problems with someone upgrading a bikes suspension. I've done that myself on my Hawk GT. While I can certainly detect differences, I know that I'm not taking full advantage of the chasis/suspension combo as it is right now anyway. The upgrades occurred primarily because the suspension on my now 25 year old bike was flat worn out.

I also realize that it's a bit illogical to argue over such things when none of us have ridden the bike yet. But as far as I've been able to discern so far, the CB1100 sounds very encouraging to me.
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote