View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 AM   #1044
Lars1974
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Hi all,

I had a chance the test the new 2013 bikes last week out in Portugal. The weather was not very kind to us, but we did have a great time on the machinery.

We had the new CB1100A and also an old CB750 to play with and the first choice was which one to take: white or red?

As i could not make my mind up i tried both. We rode up to the Coba da Roca - Europe's most westerly point!

Now a few comments on how it rides! Best word is creamy! The engine is silky smooth and power is everwhere from 1k rpm! Suspension is very comfortable and with the front a little on the soft side. Due to the wet and sandy road conditions i did not go to test maximum lean angles but everthing i asked the bike to do it did with ease! Brakes are usual Honda standard with abs and plenty of feel and bite.
I love the clocks and with the tank reasonbly slim you can see the engine top from your sitting position.
The bike does have lovely details from the old style indicator to the petrol cap etc..

Here a photo i took on my phone at the cape

And here a photo pf the cabo da roca plaque...

All in all despite the weather the ride was great and the new bike are very good!
I also tried the old 750 and it was amazing to feel how much like family the two CB's are.

Finally I did also have a chance to have a first little play on the new MSX125! I know i look a bit silly on it but it was fun!

So, anyway once the bikes hit the dealer try one!
Thx Lars
Lars1974 is offline   Reply With Quote