View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:09 AM   #6
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkuszek View Post
I an considering a 2007 1200 GS BMW and was wondering what would be the best wind stopping windshield for a guy like me at 5'10"?
I am also interested to know if there are any other wind stopping things I can stick by my knee's to reduce some wind.
I don't want to make the bike look silly with a huge ugly screen but something complementary with good design is what I am after.Advice appreciated
For wind protection for the legs, Aeroflow makes these "Aeroguards", shown in silver in this pic. They only fit the '05 - '07 models (also shown with Aeroflow "Half Faring"

A lot of people don't like the look of Aeroflow half farings, and I don't think the Aeroguards help win any beauty contests. The only other way of getting wind protection (for your legs) that I know of is to just buy a GSA, but there are certianally better windscreens than a stock GSA screen, IMHO.

I prefer my 2 section GIVI Airflow (not to be confused with "Aeroflow") which can be used in a low position and still provide clean air with no bufetting in summer time.

A lot of peeps like Cee Bailey's Adventure system which is optionally taller and always wider than the stock ADV screen, and also comes with wider wingletes
JustKip is online now   Reply With Quote