Thread: Scooter pics!
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #2622
Dabears
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by conchscooter View Post
This one just arrived at my house and I managed to ride it five kilometers before coming to work. It's an odd fish that ended up in Minneapolis probably from Canada as it has a kph speedometer but the gas sticker on the filler is in English. It has no battery, an on/off/parking switch for the lights, no kill switch and is pre-mix fueled as in 1979 the P series Vespas only offered an oil pump as an option. This machine is simplicity itself which was what I wanted.

If I can run it at sixty miles per hour after run in is complete I will be happy. It has a new barrel and piston from Green Tree Scooters in Iowa and a Sito plus exhaust but is otherwise bog standard (including the wooden front drum brake). It vibrates like a dildo as well which is another reminder of how technology has moved on....I hope I can make this my daily rider as I live 27 miles from work and need to keep the speeding tickets at bay as they are too easy to collect on my modern Bonneville.Oh and the Bonneville doesn't carry a spare wheel!
Glad you got it down to FL! It looks really nice. Strange that it a premix model; I really like having the oil tank on mine. Hope it works out great as your commuter.

2012 SYM HD200 Evo
2006 R1200GS
1980 Vespa P200E
Dabears is offline   Reply With Quote