View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #132
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 843
I agree with you. It doesn't seem like spending new money to update a design would produce enough of a return. Also, aren't there changes internally to the engines, which would mean disassembling all those 1050s in storage and rebuilding them?
I can understand why a dealer would want to sell what they have on the floor, and try to eliminate any interest in what may be coming down the line, but sometimes they seem to be poorly-informed, or deliberately dishonest. I would rather hear "It is impossible to predict the future, and I won't just give you rumors" rather than speculation that is presented as fact. Personally, dishonesty is dishonesty, and I'm not sure that I would buy a bike from a dealer who gives out false info. It's like the guy who asks the pretty woman at the bar if she would spend the night with him for a million dollars? She hesitates only a moment before saying yes. He then buys her a drink and asks if she would spend the night with him for fifty dollars? She replies "What do you think I am?", and he says "we have already established that...I am just dickering on the price".
I sure hope this bike makes it stateside.

ssevy screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 02:30 PM
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote