View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
Gliga OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Off-road Touring, Beautiful Balkans

OK... After many years of lurking around time has finally come to give something back to the Community. This is story about my first two real motorcycle trips. First trip covers Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and South-western Serbia. Second trip covers Southern and Eastern parts of Serbia. I'm shutter happy so there will be A LOT of photos. This is my attempt to show you small part of EX Yugoslavia, destination unknown and exotic to most inmates. I hope you'll enjoy it :)

Bike is 2006 Kawasaki KLE500, parallel twin with retuned Ninja EX500 engine.

Considering my lack of experience, as this was my second riding season, plan was ambitious: 11 days of solo off-road riding, wild camping every night, almost zero mechanical knowledge. What could possibly go wrong...

The route was planned using Google Earth. Many days, night and eventually weeks were spent trying to connect routes trough areas mostly unknown to me. Route was then transferred to magical device from 2002, Garmin Geoko 201. First setback: Geko can store only 10 track logs, each 500 points long. Not that good when there is more than 2000km to cover... Some possible alternative routes were saved, well, as routes.

Here are few teaser shots, just to give you some idea about what lies ahead

What do you mean "There are to many pictures"? Ha? You've seen nothing yet

Gliga screwed with this post 04-18-2014 at 10:42 AM Reason: Typos
Gliga is online now   Reply With Quote