View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #3046
Bobmws
Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightbiker63 View Post
Ok...I have read all 203 threads and am now convinced these are the lights I have been looking for. My question for anyone out there is this... I drive my Vstrom 650 65 miles back and forth to work on interstate highway from Rhode Island to Boston, Mass. (mostly highway...some backroads when time permits or traffic is too heavy.), I am torn between two Model 44 or two Model 60 lights...I want to run them day AND night but not blind other drivers. Your dimmable on low-beam and full power on high beam is just what I am looking for also. I do plan some fun rides in VT / NH this summer. Either would improve my drive home at night but I have always felt you can never have too much light when there are deer/coyotes/moose ready to dart in front of you. My off-road use is limited. I guess I am asking for opinions from previous buyers in the same situation. Thanks in advance for all input.
You'll get more light from the 60's on high beam. With a dimmer you can get the same amount of light for low beam usage from either light and not offend oncoming drivers, just have to dim the 60's a bit more. I went with this setup with 44's for my new-to-me bike because I like the way it works on my sidecar rig. The dimmed floods light the side of the road in a manner similar to the fog lights on my Camry. Iv'e not been flashed by an oncoming driver in 5000 miles.
High beam lights everything!
As for service, I ordered at O-dark thirty on thursday morning and had them in my mailbox saturday, thanks John.
www.earplugco.com
Bobmws is offline   Reply With Quote