View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #3047
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by dljocky View Post
I'm not mechanical at all, but I know I need some AUX lights for my DR650. I'm confused as to how they hook up? Is there a way that I can hook them up so that the AUX lights, when turned on, stay on whether or not I'm running low or high beams? Does one need the "dimmer" switch? Does this dimmer work like the dimmer switch in a car, or is there something else to it, ie, like a dimmer switch a person migh put on their wall switch for a dinning room light?

I was thinking of the getting the Model 30, but since the M61 has come out, I'm now thinking about this. I wonder if I would need a dimmer with the M61's as they put out less light? I'm trying to keep the cost down, while just increasing my night time safety. When I'm riding with my DR650 lights on bright, I almost have sufficient light, so I'm thinking just a bit more and I would be good. Thanks all.
You can wire them however you want. Think about how you want to use them and post here or wire them up accordingly. The dimmer works on the lights,so your closest example given would be the dining room lights.

I'm running 3 lights, 2 30's and a 60. Not all at the same time though. My Dr650 is still running the stock stator and only puts out 200w. Running 120w of aftermarket lights sucks the batt down a bit. I used the 30s for corners and the 60 for an additional headlight. I mounted the 60 on a plate that hooked up on the fork mounts and on the lower bolt for the headlight cover. It sits just below the headlight now,does a great job too. The 30s are right by the reflectors. I just added a hole to the metal tabs and they did ok. I'd like to upgrade those or maybe move them while I have the front end off for a revalve/spring job.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote