View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #16
David_Moen OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,220
With a couple of months to get ready for riding, the new scoot is going to need a few things.

Protection - hand-guards (Highway Dirt Bike looks interesting for their integration of mirrors, and my GS has me spoiled for heated grips, so a clean integrated switch mount is another plus. Skid plate - I am intrigued by "composite" bits. The KTM unit looks like a bit of a dirt scoop in the front. Anyone tried the TM or Hyde piece?

Handling. I am going to give it a season or two on the stock dampers. Sprung for my weight however. I have a Scotts damper sub mounted on my 300, I think it will make a move over to the new bike.

Drive train. I've been spoiled by an auto-clutch on my 300, it is a magical thing. High on the to-do list for the 350. Re-gearing for trails is also in order I guess. Still trying to figure out what to try first! I didn't notice if the chain has a master-link or not. Sticking with the stock chain length would be nice.

That's probably about all I can get away with at the moment. My wife was very encouraging about getting a new bike, but one can get carried away farkling!