View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #2012
Croak
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddddd View Post
I have not read through all 130 plus pages of this thread so please excuse me if I'm making a stupid statement thats already been covered but I'm a little confused over the excitement of this new engine, we surly realise that the existing Vmax already has a slightly larger capacity V4 in a considerably more advanced design producing quite a lot more horsepower whilst still producing the same torque and my guess is that it is probably also a lighter engine gearbox unit than the Motus as well.
If on the other hand people are excited to see a large capacity V4 in a sports tourer then I agree entirely
In general I'm curious as to how people compare the V4 in the Motus to the V4 in the Vmax
Thing is, you should be able to ride more than 80-100 miles on the Motus before stopping for fuel. Add to that long range hard panniers and more provisions for farkles.

It should also handle quite a bit better and be significantly lighter.

The fact that it's a "simple" pushrod motor should make service less costly and less frequent.

Also, chain drive, which some of us still prefer over shafts.

I could see it being able to replace both my bikes (a hooligan and a sport-tourer). There's a lot to like about the Motus concept for a lot of riders. Other than the price. And if you think about how many riders DO own both a "fun" bike and a touring rig (and buy new), if this one bike could replace two, you could possibly convince yourself it's not a bad deal.
Croak is offline   Reply With Quote