View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #15627
pilot3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
I just purchased a new 13 roadie last week. I have noticed the suspension seems kinda harsh. Weather has only permitted me to get about 50 miles so far. So I am wondering, will it break in and soften up some? I test rode the XC also but didn't get off road with it so I didn't really notice the difference between the two on the street. Of course I only have a very few limited miles riding both. Has anyone performed a suspension upgrade on a roadie? What are the options for the front? Or should I just plan on keeping this bike on hard packed graded roads? This is my first bike that is dirt oriented and I have very limited experience on two wheels off road. I run Elka suspension on my quads and have experience setting them up for off road but zero experience with forks or road/off road bike suspension.
I just received my suspension kit from RaceTech for my 2012 roadie. I have had very good experiences with their products and am expecting good things. All that was available at the time were the gold valve kits and springs for the front, so I am starting there. Once that is done, I'll move on to the rear. Unfortunately, I don't expect to get started for a couple of weeks.
pilot3 is offline   Reply With Quote