View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #15633
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
I just purchased a new 13 roadie last week. I have noticed the suspension seems kinda harsh. Weather has only permitted me to get about 50 miles so far. So I am wondering, will it break in and soften up some? I test rode the XC also but didn't get off road with it so I didn't really notice the difference between the two on the street. Of course I only have a very few limited miles riding both. Has anyone performed a suspension upgrade on a roadie? What are the options for the front? Or should I just plan on keeping this bike on hard packed graded roads? This is my first bike that is dirt oriented and I have very limited experience on two wheels off road. I run Elka suspension on my quads and have experience setting them up for off road but zero experience with forks or road/off road bike suspension.
With the cold temps, the fork oil is extra thick. And, all the seals are still new. It'll definitely soften up, this spring. I was pleasantly surprised, with the suspension on the Roadie I tested.

I've used Traxxion on three bikes. They have fully adjustable fork cartridges, valve sets, and springs for the forks. They're, also, an Elka dealer and were instrumental in getting Elka product quality up to snuff. Give 'em a call, after you've gotten some miles on the bike, this spring.
ducnut is online now   Reply With Quote