Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #27140
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodfart View Post
I'm thinking about doing the same in sending my suspension into Fox or I also hear Push can do a great job as well. Do you have an idea off hand of what your friend paid? I think I'm still so amazed by my Giant that I don't really yet realize any shortcomings in the suspension; for 99% of the terrain I ride, the suspension is flawless. This bike continues to be my all time favorite purchase..
He broke his Gary Fisher HiMod Pro. Trek replaced it with a Fuel. Unfortunately, that platform is terrible for big dudes. Also, the fork offsets are different between the two bikes. Fox did what they could with the shock and he had the crowns swapped, valving changed, and upgraded to 15mm. I have no idea what a basic service and revalve would cost. I'd just call them. Furthermore, there's nothing like having the maufacturer do the work. You know it'll be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodfart View Post
I think I'm going to sport a full face for a majority of my rides next season. I narrowly escaped eating a rock last summer, and the deductible on my dental plan is high.
You only have one set of teeth. Look after 'em.
ducnut is online now   Reply With Quote