View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #5822
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Moore View Post
Since you're a new rider, I'm going to give you some very important advice. The answer to the above question is, "No, sorry. I don't let people ride my bikes." If they continue asking the answer becomes, "No. And quit fucking asking me. It's starting to piss me off."

There's no need to feel like a dick when you say it. The person asking is actually being a dick simply by asking. Anyone who know anything about bikes knows not to ask.
Agree.

A similar story - a friend who was like a family member and brother to me asked me to ride my nearly new ZX-7R when I got it. Now I knew he had never ridden anything like it although he did ride a street bike a little, and he was marginal on the trails with a trail bike (though we didn't tell him or argue with his impression of his skills). I felt terrible and really guilty having to deny him the chance to ride my pride and joy, but later on, in a different conversation, I realized how poor of a rider he was when he was describing how much he liked to see the front wheel/fender when riding. He was one who focused far too closely, and he proably would have wrecked my sport bike within 1 mile.

Like a pickup truck, you have to just man-up and tell people outright that it isn't something you loan out.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote