View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #920
localmoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
snow birds !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineyMountainRacing View Post
No ice or snow down here, but we do have plenty of snow "birds" (from NC I think)
well if you saw one flying around on a klr with green tank, and NC tags,, any where from orlando to west palm...
have to admitt i ran down there for my little sisters wedding.. hauling bike down, and rode every day was down there= was in 70's during the day- think low was 55 ..

guessing even then some (fl locals) still thought that was cold= as had on there jackets ????

yes ,came home sliding on icy road (truck read 16 degrees), as trying just to make it in the driveway with 4x4 = i knew ,,i was back home in the mountains !!!!

ah ok --no this is ,not a joke--
Question of the day :: we (anyone north of fl) go down there and ya'll call us "snow birds" = thought that was for canada folk ...
what you call folks from out west = texas ,cali (do they ever go to fl)???

while not seeing nearly as many ,out of state plates (in fl).. as i do (fl,ga,al,ny,etc plates) when is leaf season up here!!!!
but when florida folk come up ,,there is not a one single phrase that describes them.?.?.
= just another tourist..

so why the names??

with that said,,i want to know what state has the most overall,,out of state tourist gain???
example-- fl with disney & beaches .. carolinas with leaf/winter snow season..etc,etc..

anyone know ?? or where to find facts = what state gains more,, from -out of state tourism-???
localmoto is offline   Reply With Quote