View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #2025
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,621
Not only is there the "new" V-Max (I liked the old one better) and the VFR1200, but the ST1100/ST1300 sport touring bike as well. For me pushrods, and chain drive would both be selling points, but ABS would not. I would also prefer a single carb, rather than FI (I know of 2 people with 4 cylinder Goldwings set up with single carbs, and they run great) At $20K the Motus would be a decent deal, that is if you could be pretty sure parts and support would be available well into the future, but over $30K, and close to $40K for the top of the line model puts it out of contention. I think the EBR 1190RS is also too expensive, but it is a very limited production model which is likely to become a collectors item, and actually appreciate in value. Buell at least has some history and heritage. Has anyone considered what the depreciation on the Motus will be? And for those hung up on the exhaust sound, it is easy to tell that the EPA will not allow a stock bike to make that much noise, so you will have to get an aftermarket exhaust to get the sound. I can't see the production model coming with an aftermarket pipe, they are all too loud for the guvment.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote