View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Ockrocket OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,187
Thanks Mike,

I'm sure you guys do suffer "withdrawal symptoms" with the way your weather affects your riding season.

I too take pleasure in reading ride reports from other people/regions as it allows me to ride vicariously through what they write and the pictures they post up on the forums.

My current steeds are the '94 KLE500 seen in this RR and an '09 Wee-Strom, both are set up for touring and the Wee is reasonably dirt capable [the KLE is far more dirt capable though and I can do single track trails on it as well].

I ride pretty much all year round including commuting and long distance touring, but don't generally have to contend with snow [unless caught out on a mountain ride, so far I've been lucky with that], plenty of heat in summer, sometimes black ice on roads in winter though.

And we've just had an absolute bucketing of rain overnight all the way down the east coast of Australia, houses flooded, some fatalities up in Queensland, road closures and damage across two states so far.

We are ok in our area and no threat of our home flooding at this stage, although a few of the ADV forum members in Queensland and northern NSW are having some issues with water in their houses and no power for the last 24/48 hours.
Many have only just started to rebuild their homes and lives after the major floods in 2011 and now they are under water again.

Cheers,
Ock.

"All roads lead to now."

I love snatching kisses..... and vice versa.
Ockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote