At about this point in the whole thing, some "interesting" problems had to be solved...
The DT tank is small, has a small tunnel, so wire routing was just done along the frame... BUT there was a conflict between the top motor mounts and the bottom of the tank, and the fuel tap was just wrong for the desired placement of the tank. I found another Yamaha petcock (have no freekin' idea what it's from, but presumed that the oval-O-ring and bolt placement was standardized among vintage Yammys, so I found one with a rear-facing outlet and tried that.
Also, the front brake master cylinder proved to be a "challenge" to get bled out, but that got solved as well.
Will didn't want a 2-into-1 exhaust, nor a standard low system, so we ended up with Hoos Racing 1-3/4" stainless headers. Nicely made, but not polished or fancified in any way.
With the headers bolted on, and a funnel-gasline for fuel "supply", I had the first chance to fire her up..... I checked valve clearances, turned on the fuel, and tried the electric kicker... pow pow pow... erratic, but she did fire!