View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:58 PM   #28412
gofast1320
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 678
mag springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyinhilo View Post
Call BS all you want. I personally have had 2Glock mag springs fail, breaking in two pieces about a third of the way down. I have also had my duty magazines replaced twice because the gun failed to pick up rounds (according to Glock because of bad springs unable to keep up with the slide). The second replacements (done for the whole dept.) was a redesigned magazine with VERY heavy springs.
Hey man if you saw it that's one thing I respect your firsthand knowledge and obviously it can happen. My experience has not been the same. They recall cars all the time because of defective parts and just as surely it can happen with anything else mechanical including guns, which is why you and I and others have been taught never to trust a safety because as a mechanical device it can fail. Thanks for stating specifics in your situation as I did in mine. I'm glad we were both able to present actual facts instead of blindly posting something we heard or that we may have overheard or read on the internet. By the way, the agency I worked for just replaced all the extrators on their gen4 model 22.

gofast1320 screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 11:01 PM Reason: spelling
gofast1320 is offline   Reply With Quote