View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 02:00 AM   #13
AlpineGuerrilla OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzo View Post
Great to see another Swiss ADVer! Loved your Scandinavia RR, will definitely follow this one as well.
Cheers Which part of Switzerland are you from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikJogg View Post
And croatian rain is well known,a few years ago i was lying 24 hrs. in my tent during heavy rain.
Alone not really funny.
I can feel your pain, that sucks. Did you at least have a good book with you? When we entered the campsite in Starigrad after the heavy rainfalls along the coast, the clerk heavily advised against camping with a tent. The night before, there was such a heavy storm that the sea rose an flooded half of the campsite, tents included. We thought the storm was over and the weather great so we camped anyway, without a problem. But a day earlier, and we would have been in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by retryrider View Post
Great ride on great bikes. Is that a 2003 SV by any chance?

Looks identical to my one that I just sold to get a Tiger, a proper so called adventure bike. Just more proof that its not what you ride but where you ride it :

Brought a tear to my eye that we didnt have as far flung an adventure as you guys before we parted
Good eye, it's a 2003 model. I had bought it in March 2010 with 8000km which I doubled after only three months.
Sure it's more about the rider, but if the rider isn't comfortable on the bike he should switch it. To be honest, that was probably the last 'big' trip on the SV. It's great, but also it pretty much confines me to riding on paved roads.
AlpineGuerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote