View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #403
GoneAgain OP
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,527
So yeah, somehow most of my photos from the 2 days of the race (and the after dark activities ) became corrupted...

doesnt look like any way to fix em.... so i've just deleted 650-ish stuffed jpg's..

anyway...

heres a few that arent stuffed.. and a couple that i'd posted elsewhere before they got stuffed....

certainly stired up the dust out there...

so after the cars came thru, it was the bikes turn....

Toby Price came thru first (and went on to win)

An Alice Springs local came in second... and was lucky not to loose it coming thru the Finke river.....

dont really remember what happened that night... there was a bit of a walk into the pits area, where everyone got lost...

and there had been a bit of banter over the last few nights on how to get home....
this intensified (well it was home time tomorrow arvo...)

there was a couple of plans, one was doing the Anne Beadell highway.... but most of us wern't too keen on this since we'd done
no prep for that sort of distances between fuel...

Tony threw a simpson crossing into the mix.... i wasnt so keen on that one (again from a prep perspective..)

Matty just had to go home.... (so whichever one we went with, there was no support vehicle, camp cook etc )

Aub and Graham were swinging like a dunny door from one option to the other...

i kinda (well i think it was me..) threw the idea of goin back out to Old Andado and continuing up the Binns track thru
the edge of the Simpson and into Alice Springs...

after a few beers, it seemed the Anne Beadell option was dead in the water....

id pretty much decided on the trip upto Alice...

Aub looked in on that one too... we tossed around the idea of then gunning it to Kalgoorlie via the Great Central Road
and then back across the Nullabour... Aub had to be back for work, but at the pace he rode there was plenty of time...

Tony seemen pretty set on a simpon Crossing, and Sundowner looked set to join him...

Graham was still floppin about...

anyway he still had a few hours left tomorrow to change his mind another couple of times....

so we made a fair dint in our beer supply that night.. (well we'd not have an esky tomorrow!)

next morning we were up earlyish again...

all except Sundowner....

seemed after so many days eating Spam for breakfast, his bowels finally collapsed...

i'm not gonna think about what he spent all morning out in the bush doing....

the race came thru earlier and much more compacted (since we were now at the start point rather than the end...)

jumping into the Finke River..

some tail-enders after my picture issues sorted themselves out.......

so it seemed UncleGra had decided to come to Alice..

Sundowner wasnt going anywhere (well other than back into the scrub with little steps and a clenched bum muscle...

after a while head scratching on what to do, it was decided that TonyRDR and Sundowner would hang around for a bit...
and then head of home via a Sipmpson crossing to Birdsville when Sundowner was up to it..

Ozbikedude, UncleGra and myself would had north for Alice...., with Graham then looping east into Queensland, down thru NSW home..

Aub was lookin like taking the Great Central Road to Kalgoorlie then back east across the Bite...

I was tempted to go with Aub, but wouldnt mind having a look out in the MacDonnel ranges east and west from Alice Springs...

I'd decide that bit when we got there......

So the 3 of us packed... poked Sundowner with Sticks, wished Matty and Tony Good luck..... and buggered off along the
race track into Finke...

Lads got any decent race pic's...?

GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote