View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #10346
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
Here’s the deal guys: I’ve got some worsening health problems that have forced me to the conclusion that I need to sell my Yamaha, and the trailer that I’ve used to haul it and other motorcycles. The health issues are not life threatening, but they do mean that it’s really not a good idea for me to ride on two wheels anymore. Among a bunch of symptoms, I’m slowly losing my balance, and as of yet I haven’t seen a doctor, neurologist, neurosurgeon, or physical therapist who has any idea what’s going on.

1978 Yamaha XS650, asking $2250 obo: odometer shows approx 25,500 miles (unsure if accurate or not, but that’s about what’s on the title too). Clear CO title in my name and in hand, and currently registered. You will be getting a great-running bike that will attract attention wherever you go. It’s not perfect, but pretty darn good. Previous owner converted it to look like a Triumph Scrambler, complete with black ceramic-coated high-mounted side pipes from Gordon Scott. Engine was rebuilt by previous owner, carbs rebuilt, frame, wheels, and a bunch of other stuff powdercoated black; wheels were powdercoated by the previous owner, then spoked, trued, and balanced by Woody’s in Denver; tank, fenders, & carb covers painted British Racing Green (some scratches & chips…it’s a good 10-footer in terms of appearance, but was a garage paint job by the PO). Brand new seat. Avon Distanzia tires front & rear; front is nearly new; rear looks to be better than 50% tread remaining. Has a PAMCO Ultimate electronic ignition installed (no points to fiddle with), a permanent magnet alternator installed (charges the battery far better than stock, but should have the TDC timing mark re-done, a very simple task), a new battery (purchased in December 2012), CBR600 front brake with near-new pads and disc, 5th gear has been replaced with an overdrive gear (better for the highway), a small oil cooler (requires the use of a different oil filter readily available at MikesXS.com); and the carbs are jetted for the altitude, the exhaust, and for the pod air filters. Comes with enough oil and filters for several thousand miles. Starter is installed but not connected; bike starts on 1st or 2nd kick. Bike is currently at Front Range Cycle shop in Colorado Springs getting a brand new wiring harness installed (complete, bike runs great now), along with new fork seals & oil, new clutch & shifter shaft seals installed, and new switchgear (complete). I bought this as a running project bike...as soon as it’s back from Front Range Cycle (should be this coming week) it will be available. I don’t want to sell, but again…two wheels just aren’t a good idea for me anymore. Sale will not be completed until the bike is back from the shop and you’ve had the opportunity to see it in person. But if multiple people are interested in it, I’ll go in order of the responses I get.

EDIT: Trailer is sold

Miscellaneous ratchet and tie-down straps, free with purchase of any of the above items until there are none left. An entire milk-crate full of them. Or you could look at this as a score on a prime piece of KLR luggage pre-loaded with tie-down straps. Some are brand new in the package, and there’s a mix of straps designed for securing a car to a trailer or a motorcycle to a trailer. The used ones are in serviceable condition. I’ve used the motorcycle straps and some of the car straps. No pics of those…I think we’ve all seen tie-down straps, and heck…they’re a gift with purchase.

All sales are final, I offer no warranties expressed or implied on any of these items, and any/all of these items are to be used at your own risk, for which I bear no responsibility.

PM me with your contact info, and we’ll set up a time for you to look. I’m in Fountain, at the south end of Colorado Springs.

I’ll probably be adding a couple more things in the next couple days that I need to get pics of…I know I've got two brand new Pit Bull paddock stands (I'm asking $50) that I need to get out of the garage...just need to get pics and get them posted.
Just wanted to thank soldierguy again and let everyone know what a pleasure it was to deal with him. And, someone needs to buy this XS so that I am not tempted once I get my tax return!!
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote