View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #34
Wolfgang55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,301
Share the Ural x 2

I share a GU-11 w/ my BRO. What made us get this 11 was our earlier GU-06 or 07, forgot the vintage.

If you own a KLR & belong to KLRWorld.com then you too will know & understand the importance of SS or Soviet Steed.
Membership has it rewards, many times over. Working on a Ural is so simple & very rewarding. We keep a tight log on what is done.

We ( BRO & I ) both ride the GU in different gardens. The desert has its own beautiful roughness. Climbing mountain roads to a fire-watch tower over 10,000 ft has put many bikes & jeeps to their design test. But this GU is just pure fun to tip toe over & around the baby skull rock roads or climbing in & out of rutted & wash board narrow forest roads.

In the SE of our country, the garden is very different. There the Ural is equally at home plowing through sugar sand or muddy roads. There even has been a time when this Ural helped pull out of a ditch a quad w/ 2 up that blasted by minutes earlier.

You might find yourself a bit limited when getting a Ural which is better at lower speeds but we both have discovered a better riding life style. I know this sounds a bit strange. But the Ural has better enabled us to ''share the ride''.
Wolfgang55 is offline   Reply With Quote