View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #5185
gumbellion
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
The only damper made specifically for the X is by Emig Racing. Replaces the top triple clamp and clamps to the top of the frame.
Unless you are made of money there are other Xch specific options that work

I used to use a Gorillazilla mount with a scotts unit on my X-challenge which is made specific for the Xch. When I bought mine for the kit without the scotts it was 1500rand which was about $175CAD shipped to Ontario. I had a scotts off an old dirt bike laying around that I used instead of getting a new one. Here is a photo of the kit when i sold it without the bar clamps (they were still on the bike)

Everything is machined out of aluminium and is good quality and install is a breeze. The post is bolted around the stem right below the top triple, and it is machined to fit just above the steering stops. The kits come with replacement bar clamps and hardware for mounting the actual dampening unit.
I sold the complete kit on here after I installed a Ohlins and got my forks reworked. The suspension work made the bike a lot more predictable but cost a lot more than the GZ setup I was using.
Here is the guys e-mail. I had a few dealings with him and besides the fact he is on the other side of the globe he is fast with replies, shipping, and has all the answers
dave@gorillazillaproducts.com

Any questions shoot me a PM, and I think you have my e-mail address in your inbox too Pinesol.
You still in China?
gumbellion is offline   Reply With Quote