View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #42
aposaric OP
Garden mechanic ;-)

Oddometer: 270
Yes, I know, it was a heap of rusty and greasy junk when I bought it, but the main part, the engine is rock solid and works flawlessly, and the rest of the bike is made of aluminium so it just needed a good sandblasting and fresh paint and I presume that it will be ok for the next 20 years or so when I finish upgrading it :-)

Also, me keeping it in the garden and on the snow and rain didn't help the "presentation" of the project I presume, but now when it is in a warm and dry place, it gets all the lovin it deserves.

Regarding a rear suspension, well, I have few options:

1. replace the original spring with the newer one and ride it that way untill the shock dies ( it is a 2002 shock, so it is not 23 years old )

2. find a newer generation shock somefhere ( the bike was sold untill 2008. ) so the shocks are available still

3. I found some new(ish) shocks for other models, and I can fit a zzr 1100, zxr, zx12 and few other shocks without too much modification on the mounts, and I just need a new lower shock swing which can be easily conected to the swingarm and the frame. I think that I will go this route, because I really want a stiff and responsive rear end, to match the performance of the front forks and balance it all up.

Thank you for the comment and the interest

cheers

andrija
aposaric is offline   Reply With Quote