View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #30
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 1,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by jachard View Post
Sigh.....Everything is West Coast........
BMW Performance Academy in South Carolina.

I have been to RawHyde...Great fun, great people, great training and a wonderful time! You can get the same training in SC if you are tight on time or want to spent less money. I was at the BMW center in SC for the GS Trophy a few months ago and I am going back in May for more off-road training. It's a nice place with very skilled instructors. The appeal of RawHyde is the location, the elevation changes, the views, the trip to the Mojave Desert on Monday and the excitement of going to ride somewhere I had never been. Riding at the PC felt like everthing is manmade and artificial where at RawHyde, you are riding on hundreds of beautiful acres in the mountains with breathtaking views, steep climbs and decents and natural obstacles.
RawHyde costs more because it includes room and board with open bar (beer/wine/hard liquor) and gourmet meals! At the BMW PC, you have to get a hotel room and pay for your own meals in the cafeteria. After all expenses are paid, they are actually about the same cost!
They are all money well spent.

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 07:17 AM
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote