View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #128
paulvandenbogaard
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Oh dear, I fear something I said made you feel "attacked". I can assure you that was absolutely NOT my intent!! My first reaction when reading your previous posting (the one showing the pictures of different led solutions) was "Wow super some lights actually compared"
If you can tell me what it was that triggered the feeling of attack I might be able to improve my knowledge of the English language. Could also be a cultural thing. Dutch folks have a tendency to be seen as "blunt", although in general there is absolutely no intent to mean harm.

My hope was to get the data (ISO, F-stop, shutterspeed) to also compare this to something I can see with my eyes. Just to compare for the real impression. To complete the mental picture I am trying to build in my head of too many different (led) lighting solutions available.
Most likely the HID will not come close to most of these LED solutions at all. I just hoped to get a better impression on the "to what extent".

However I now understand due to the camera used this is not really possible. A pitty, but hee so be it. I still do like your led solution. And I love the info you present too.
I mentioned my impression of a telelens. Could it be that your camera kind of adjusts its focal lens automatically? I looked closely again but, for example if I compare the first picture called NS-dualdbl01... to the one called NS-Singledual.... (number 1 and 3 in the earlier picture list) I do get this impression.

The picture you just showed is very promissing. However can you tell what the distance was between the light and the area on the picture closest to you? Or is the full area lit already shown? I just try to get a mental picture here.
And to complete this mental picture: two single spot lights were used. How far apart were they? Like on each side of the front wheel; one on the left and the other on the right crash bar; or one on the left and the other on the right end of the handle bar?

Some more questions. With respect to the LR light which has two spots in a single housing, can this one be attached vertically with the attachment point on top?
Can one single spot led lamp be attached to another: just a wild idea but with two singles alligned vertically I can have one pointed in front, while the other just shifted a tiny bit to the outside spreading the overall "beam" I fear I have to allign vertically in order to get them attached to my bike which kind of mandates attaching them together vertically.

Hope I did not trigger any negative feelings with this posting. Once more your solutions look more then great, I just want to have a good understanding. In the end $500 is a respectable sum if I would go for two doubles + dimmer.

Thanks
Paul
paulvandenbogaard is offline   Reply With Quote